16 August 2009

"A different kind of miracle..."


We are bombarded with news and information on a daily basis ---most of it bad and stressful. This Saturday Mr. Jackson and I began our weekend ritual--sipping coffee on the patio going through the New York Times and the Wall Street Journal, focused on conquering the crossword puzzle, when I came across an article in the Wall Street Journal.

As I read about the plane and helicopter crash that occurred over the Hudson River between Hoboken and New York City last weekend,a sense of wonder and admiration came over me. This article isn't about the why or how it could have happened, but rather about the families that were effected by the loss of life and how they are coping and moving forward.

I looked up and saw a clear blue sky not unlike the sky the pilots were flying that day. The event and the loss of life are incomprehensible, yet the families left behind have chosen to reach out and respond in a manner that made me take pause, be thankful, acknowledge the good and what is possible.

My thoughts and prayers go out to those lost and left behind.








No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...