31 May 2011

A Room with a View-Los Angeles Part II

Museum and libraries have always provided me with a sense of peace and hope---Peace because they are so quiet, it lets my overactive mind slow down, just look and absorb. Hope because once my mind slows down and absorbs, I am in awe of the possibilities that exist in this world.


So in November 2010, I found myself in Los Angeles on a business trip and truly a stranger in a new land. Thankfully, a dear friend was there to guide me though the wilderness and bring me to a place that I could feel at home. The Getty is perhaps the best way to comprehend all that is Los Angeles, impossible, improbable, large but approachable and just perfect in its imperfection.






7 comments:

Brian Miller said...

what a cool place...while i have spent a bit of time in CA have never been to LA...maybe i have reason now...smiles.

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

Beautiful photographs. I am off to CA next week...am sorry NOT to have time to visit The Getty. Very cool.

Ruth said...

This is so beautiful, C.M. In fact everything here is gorgeous. The banner photo of the blossoms and light is just brilliant.

This is also exciting because my son and his girlfriend are moving to L.A. Saturday. It's where he was born 28 1/2 years ago, and where he hopes to make a living as a musician. His band is playing at the Getty in July. It's cool to be able to see it here!

C.M. Jackson said...

Brian

LA for the east coaster is at once China Town as in the movie with Jack Nickelson and a wild urban wilderness---very cool yet unsettling--kinda liked it;-)--will take a few more visits before I can really understand--it is huge and consists of so many different neighborhoods and economic stratas it is mind boggling--definitely an interesting adventure-c

C.M. Jackson said...

Jill--I'd love to hear your take on the city--I was blown away by the size of everything including the ocean--have a wonderful trip-c

C.M. Jackson said...

Ruth-the world is indeed small until you come to LA--let me know when your son is playing and I will have my friend Marlyn drop in-here's to his next record! c

C.M. Jackson said...

Ruth--thanks for the kind words on the banner--still fighting with blogger as to how to get photos to fit--your blog always is so beautiful and it is my inspiration--the photo was taken on Mothers Day with Mom at the NYBG;-)c

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...