05 April 2009

Take this job...

"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out."
Walter Winchell


Last Thursday I attended a retirement party for a woman who worked for me as an assistant for nine years. She went on to work with another three or four more people for an additional five years. She is a mother, a wife, a grandmother and raised her hand when it became apparent that the company I work for would begin to make cuts saying, “Pick me.” She saved another woman’s job.

The party was small and exclusive, mainly all of the women who work in her position. These women are the support and the machine that gets it done. I was honored to be invited and in their presence. They have brought me through many tough times and always are there to give me the push, the smile needed to make it to where I wanted to go. They have a strength and sense of humor that comes from dealing with ‘type a’ personalities on a daily basis.

She completed my sentences before they were spoken and made my day. It's been almost five years since we worked together, I still and I will miss her.

2 comments:

Sally's World said...

what a great quote, i hope I'm this kind of friend, in fact, i know i am...great post today.

C.M. Jackson said...

Thanks Sally---It's good to know that the post made you smile and confirm that which you know about you! C

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...