02 March 2009

One small step


"The distance is nothing; it is only the first step that is difficult."
Madame Du Deffand


I’ve dusted off the trail shoes. Here’s the problem, it’s snowing…Isn’t it just like mama nature, a few warm, sunny days and then, she let’s you know who is boss. Bam! She’s sending us 8 to 12 inches. A nor’easter they say.

I’ve clocked four miles in the last two days. A start…one small step or too few steps given the weight and the bad cholesterol I need to lose. The test will be this morning when the white stuff is swirling about in the dark and I am in a nice warm bed next to Mr. Jackson. The shoes can call me but it is going to take a tremendous amount of will power to pull me out of the covers. Not even Max on his best day could convince me to get those feet a moving. Can I do it? Of course, I can. The question is do I want to? You all know the answer. No, no, no just like Amy Winehouse I don’t want to go but I will .

Stay tuned –stay warm. Looks like a real snow day is coming our way.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...