27 March 2009

"Only connect! " E.M. Forster

Wordle: spa

http://www.wordle.net/


"Only connect! That was the whole of her sermon. Only connect the prose and the passion, and both will be exalted, and human love will be seen at its height. Live in fragments no longer. Only connect, and the beast and the monk, robbed of the isolation that is life to either, will die." E.M. Forster


Here's the thing. I work really hard and go for months, some time years working on completing a project. In that time, I am not aware of the separation of body and mind, the disconnection that results in being immersed in a process or a goal. I just work the process or the project at hand.

Age and the wisdom has taught me to pick up my head and look about. As a result, I spa and hike. I know spa is not a verb, per se, but if it was, I think the world would be a different, perhaps, a better place.

So having picked my head up and faced with one of those birthdays, I asked myself the question "Spa or hike?"

Since it was still cold and I only had a few days, the answer was easy. Spa.

I phoned my best friend and said "Pack your bag."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...